Team artsdigitalmedia.com will be meeting Google experts at Startup Weekend @ Rockwell Makati, this November 2012. We will be discussing & collaborate about “small” projects, there will be lots of drinks, sounds & sexy girls coming in. Its’ a PARTY@ One Rockwell West Function room Rockwell Drive, Makati City 🙂 Will post our photos after the activity 🙂
Whoah.. to those who want to optimize their computer speed.. there are 99 ways to get a faster console performance 🙂 see below
1-a. Go to http://gadgetbenchmark.com to know the exact value/speed of each of your cpu, video card & hardisk.
1. Defragment your computer hard disk using free tools like SmartDefrag.
2. You should also defragment your Windows pagefile and registry.
3. Clean up hard drive disk space being taken up by temporary files, the recycle bin, hibernation and more. You can also use a tool like TreeSize to determine what is taking up space on your hard drive.
4. Load up Windows faster by using Startup Delayer, a free program that will speed up the boot time of Windows by delaying the startup of programs.
6. By default, the size of the paging file is controlled by Windows, which can cause defragmentation. Also, the paging file should be on a different hard drive or partition than the boot partition. Read here on the rules for best paging file performance.
8. If you don’t care about all the fancy visual effects in Windows, you can turn them off by going to Performance Options.
9. You can optimize the Windows boot time using a free program called Bootvis from Microsoft.
10. Clean your registry by removing broken shortcuts, missing shared DLLs, invalid paths, invalid installer references and more. Read about the 10 best and free registry cleaners.
12. If you have a deeper spyware infection that is very hard to remove, you can use HijackThis to remove spyware.
13. Remove unwanted pre-installed software (aka junk software) from your new PC using PC Decrapifier.
14. Disable unnecessary Windows services, settings, and programs that slow down your computer.
17. Tweak your mouse settings so that you can copy and paste faster, scroll faster, navigate quickly while browsing and more. Read here to learn how to tweak your mouse.
18. Delete temporary and unused files on your computer using a free program like CCleaner. It can also fix issues with your registry.
Updates with our project http://gadgetbenchmark.com/
The website is now in beta version, you can now check on the central processing unit, video card processor and hard drive installed in your computer.
So how did we calculate or what is the basis or where did we get the data of each peripheral (computer parts)?
We used softwares such as passmark, novabench, 3dmark, PC-wizard and finally come up a database where users will be able to use as reference when buying new set of computer. Continue reading