Augmented Reality (AR) is getting bigger than expected and its users specially the mobile users are getting a hand of it so easily. Simply downloading Apps from either the playstore or appstore (or any other resources). There are actually tons of great AR Apps already available out there.
Though there’s something not so yet stable – the WEB AR. Yah there’s AR.JS, JSARToolKit, trackingJS, AWe, Etc. that somehow works but still limited in terms of the following:
- Marker design is still the QR code alike which is not so good in branding
- The marker is so sensitive and should be seen in full before augmented objects will show
- The marker is very limited on skew & rotation making the augmented objects disappear from time to time if the skew limit is reached.
- Some web AR tracking only do 2D tracking
- Non of it works on mobile (or very limited on mobile)
Also, most people uses google chrome or firefox to view websites, social networking sites, etc. And users specially bloggers uses wordpress, joomla, drupal, and other web CMS.
The missing link is – “How can a user create an AR experience and connect it to his/her website by simply providing a linked”, “How can users share AR easily – its best by using the web or socialmedia site and just provide link to the AR experience”.
My solution 🙂 – introducing OPEN Augmented Reality
OpenAR – is a platform where AR will be easily accessible by user as it is web enabled allowing users to just create an AR experience (drag & drop) and share it using a URL link that he/she will post on his/her website, social networking wall/page, then the other users will just click the link and voila “AR experience” will be shown (without downloading another AR App on their mobile phone or desktop)
A “dead simple” scheme that will make everything easy for everyone to experience Augmented Reality (later Virtual & Mixed Reality)
Coming soon 🙂