Hmmmmm… see this…
The whistleblower in the controversial P690-million ballot secrecy folder deal on Tuesday said that his life is in danger because of a Commission on Elections (Comelec) official.
Lawyer Melchor Magdamo of the Comelec chairman’s office said that a security detail warned him of danger because several unknown people who have already allegedly made good their part of the deal now want something back from Comelec Executive Director Jose Tolentino.
“Yung mga kaaway ni Dir. Tolentino ay gustong yariin kami (The enemies of Tolentino want to finish us off), whatever happens to us the blame will be placed on Tolentino,” he told reporters in an interview on Tuesday.
Magdamo could not, however, say what these unidentified people were supposedly after or what they want from Tolentino.
But he said that he had already received an anonymous phone call telling him “isang bala ka lang (one bullet is all you need).” He even said that the security detail who gave him the tip had also given him a bullet-proof vest.
Magdamo had earlier implicated Tolentino in the anomalies surrounding the botched folder contract, because the poll official supposedly defied an en banc resolution postponing the bidding for the folders.
Comelec law department head Ferdinand Rafanan had also earlier said that Tolentino should explain himself because he supposedly recommended the One Time Carbon (OTC) Paper Supply, the company which eventually landed the botched P690-million contract.
Tolentino had earlier denied Rafanan’s allegation. However, he could not be reached for comment as of posting time.
Magdamo resigned from the Comelec last May 4. He said he has since been moving from place to place with his family.
“For safety umalis na ako… marami nang nababaril dito, lalo na P700 million ang nasave na pera ng gobyerno (I left for safety reasons… too many people here have been gunned down, especially if you’re some who saved P700 million for the government),” he said, referring to the value of the botched contract.
Earlier in the day, the Comelec en banc demanded a letter from Magdamo asking him to “correct” his supposed revelations about the controversy. The three-man panel tasked to investigate the contract has yet to release a report on the matter. Source: —JV, GMANews.TV