Will be conducting another Global Game Jam activity this January 29-31, 2016. It sure will be more than just fun – being i sync with thousands of cool people from GameDev and Artist to Audio Engineers and Voice Talents 🙂
I think ill be making another Mix Reality Game (Augmented and Virtual Reality combined) 🙂
As the age of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality is fast approaching, there are tons of devices coming out such as Head Mounted Displays (HMD) like Google Cardboard, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Hololens, Epson Moverio, ODG, and SpaceGlasses. Also, tons of attachments for users control such as Haptics, Leapmotion, SmellVR, Rides, Etc.
But all these are still not available to the public yet as most of the above mentioned devices releases are for developers only as of now.
So me and my team do some research and development in order to bring the “touch experience” to VR and AR using only plain camera (either web cam or the mobile devices back/front cam).
To be cont… busy awhile – client meeting – will be right back
As one of the early adopters (& dev) of Virtual Reality (VR) technology – i really find it awesome and i can tell that its here in front of us. The only thing is… getting used to it, as nauseating happens when either the user and the VR gadget has issues.
So here are my tips:
1. When its your first time to use VR – read instructions first and don’t just wear it (like i did hehe as i was so excited). There maybe some calibration needed first in order to use it properly or get it fit on you such as focus-adjustment, lens adjustment near-far to the device, each lens distances must be the same with the distance of your eyes
2. Incase you are using the low end VR gadget – do not let your eyes focus much, let it freely find its focus. let it blur at first, your eyes are smart – it will find its focus/orientation.
3. Look in the center at all time – yes, the surroundings are looking great – move your head not your eyes.
4. Sit in a comfortable office chair – as it is rotating. so you dont have to work much on your neck – specially when its a VR game.
5. Do not do VR if your hungry (courtesy of sir Rene Canlas – a futuristic gizmo collector)
6. Get and play a VR device now – to be more familiar with it, as this is the next trend and yes later we maybe have no choice than to use it, as it will be the required device for communication, transportation, and work in the future.
Got something great using the new technology. An App that will help on the Emergency Planning and Disaster Risk Reduction & Management. Another one is for Rural Development and Land Use Planning. See screenshots work in progress 🙂
Of course with the help of my team at Blast Asia Inc. ARVR Unit
Are you in Real State business? Do you want to take advantage? Beat competition? Boost your sales?
Our team can provide solutions that will give your prospect/client best user experience by using Virtual Reality (VR) – its more like bringing them into the area (solves transportation cost), this also serves as electronic brochures (save on printing cost) and give them the power to even customized (paint/color or decorate) the interior of the unit (this is the magic – that will beat the competition).
Here is the video preview 🙂
visit us at Blast Asia Inc. http://blastasia.com/ – email us artpologabriel @ blastasia.com