Just another Tech Talk @ De La Salle Lipa – Batangas – Sharing my knowledge about AR, VR, SmartGlass, and Brain Control Technologies.
Activity 1: Augmented Reality Creation using Android Mobile Device (30 Mins)
Activity 2: Virtual Reality Google Cardboard Making (30Mins)
There will be 4 – 6 Sessions from 8:00 AM – 12:00NN and 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Participants should bring the ff:
Activity 1: latest Android Device(s)
Activyt 2: Scissor, cutter, any cardboard/karton/plastic film, compass, glue gun, ruler, rubber band, and a used/clean empty clear bottle of mineral water (will be used to make a lens).
As one of the early adopters (& dev) of Virtual Reality (VR) technology – i really find it awesome and i can tell that its here in front of us. The only thing is… getting used to it, as nauseating happens when either the user and the VR gadget has issues.
So here are my tips:
1. When its your first time to use VR – read instructions first and don’t just wear it (like i did hehe as i was so excited). There maybe some calibration needed first in order to use it properly or get it fit on you such as focus-adjustment, lens adjustment near-far to the device, each lens distances must be the same with the distance of your eyes
2. Incase you are using the low end VR gadget – do not let your eyes focus much, let it freely find its focus. let it blur at first, your eyes are smart – it will find its focus/orientation.
3. Look in the center at all time – yes, the surroundings are looking great – move your head not your eyes.
4. Sit in a comfortable office chair – as it is rotating. so you dont have to work much on your neck – specially when its a VR game.
5. Do not do VR if your hungry (courtesy of sir Rene Canlas – a futuristic gizmo collector)
6. Get and play a VR device now – to be more familiar with it, as this is the next trend and yes later we maybe have no choice than to use it, as it will be the required device for communication, transportation, and work in the future.
Few hours of talk about Virtual and Augmented Reality, thanks to cool students and teachers at LETRAN, i hope you have learn something from me 🙂
It is really very rewarding to see my participants are enjoying and some are setting/getting into game development as they really enjoy the fun time learning about authoring game using Blender 3d.
Thanks to Sir Marlon Torres of General De Jesus College – for the opportunity to share my knowledge 🙂
Also, this activity is part of Mobility (Mobile IT for Youth) http://mobility.net.ph/
My team recently created a Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality Education App – its a simple VR AR FlashCard, very primitive and yet so easy to use (yah requires Google Cardboard as of now – but we will make a one that wont need Google Cardboard.
This app is great for toddlers and preschoolers. Parents and teachers will find this app very handy and a non boring to teach the basic ALPHABET as when the Flash card is seen and processed – an amazing 3d object will pop out in the virtual world (such as A = Apple, B = Banana) and some 3d objects are even animated and can be played with. See this video (yah you have to print the flashcard or let it be like on the video, u better use a projector for the whole class (more students) to experience it.
The Pamantasan Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) found and invited me to have a talk about Virtual Reality technology. Well as usual participants will get much information and maybe some e-perks (sample codes).
See yah guys at PLM
Let’s Celebrate Software Freedom day!
#SFD2014 Sept 20, 2014 General De Jesus College
Visit http://gg.gg/sfd2014 to Sign up! Registration is free!
Well 🙂 ayus – heres the news clip
July 18, 2014 — Ginanap ng Nueva Ecija University of Science and Technology (NEUST) ang kanilang kauna-unahang Information Technology day (I.T day), kung saan ito ay kaugnay ng kanilang pagdiriwang ng kanilang Expo 2014.
Ang kanilang I.T day ay may temang “The business of making games episode 1”. Kung saan nagkaroon ng seminar patungkol sa pagiging isang game developer o paggawa o pagbuo ng isang video games para mga I.T students.
Ayon kay Art Pollo Gabriel, event organizer isinagawa nila ang event na ito upang mabigyan ng idea ang mga IT students patungkol sa game development.
Naghanda ng ilang presentation ang mga guest speaker na kanilang inimbitahan tungkol sa halaga ng pagiging isang game developer.
Ayon kay Alvin Juban, malaking pera ang kikitain sa pagiging isang game developer subalit iilan lamang ang may ganitong propesyon sa ating bansa.
Payo naman ang iniwan ng isa sa guest speaker na si Francis Joseph Serinia para sa lahat ng mga mag-aaral na gustong maging isang game developer baling araw.
Samantala, bilang bahagi ng kanilang aktibidad ay naghanda din ang iba pang departamento ng nasabing paaralan ng iba’t ibang pakulo.
Kung saan sila ay may mga booth kung saan may makikitang CPU o Central Processing Unit ng computer kung saan makikita ang ibat’ ibang bahagi nito.
Nandyan ang pagbebenta ng pins, pabango at loombands. Dedication booth, paglalaro ng mga video games at panonood ng Music Video na estudyante mismo ang gumawa.
At syempre hindi mawawala ang mga pagkain tulad na lamang ng kanilang oreo pancake, coffee jelly at puto.
Ang kanilang aktibidad ay ikinasaya ng lahat ng mag-aaral ng NEUST na inaasahan na mauulit pa ito sa mga susunod pang taon. – Ulat ni Joyce Fuentes